Friday, January 7, 2011

I have a blog!!

My husband set this blog up for me. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, I don't deserve him. He's the best thing that's happened to me! Seriously. Ok so now you know how I feel about him :)
To be honest I set up a blog after I got divorced back in '06 or '07 but I never told anyone about it and I really didn't want anyone to know about it so it was just a place that I could vent my feelings. Now that I've got my head on a bit straighter I'm excited to try this on-line journaling again!

Re-cap of the last 3-4 months, basically since race season ended
I worked for the in-laws for a year and a half and back in July I went through a weird time with them I decided I probably shouldn't work for them anymore, They are amazing people and I love them very much. It really took a toll on me quitting that job, I was great friends with all of my co-workers and I miss them so so much! The stress of it all really affected my racing. I really struggled with it during the B.A.M. race in August and honestly I haven't been able to complete shake it from my system since. So I raced Xterra Nationals late September and didn't do as well as I hoped. I hadn't been able to train like I wanted to because of an injury to my hip. The day after the race I started feeling a terrible aching pain in my back, butt, hamstring, calf and foot on the right side. Sciatic nerve pain is the worst! So I stopped doing any type of exercise since everything made it worse. I had problems sleeping, standing, walking, sitting, laying down, pretty much everything. I've been dealing with that since September and I'm graciously happy to tell you that I'm free of pain now! So to celebrate my birthday and celebrate being able to exercise the hubby and I headed down to St George to do some mountain biking and running.
 Church Rocks tunnel is awesomely freaky!





 
 Birthday Ride


8 Mile run in the rain. Bobby dropped me the last 2 miles. He rocks!


Christmas was great! I got this sweet new camera from Bobby. I can't wait to use it under water!

 Bobby's awesome Dad got him this real Broncos football helmet!


 Busted eating chocolate for breakfast


Fletcher got a new industrial strength bone and a backpack

New Year's Day Snowshoe Adventure






 Yesterday's 4 mile run around town. We both love our Saucony Kenvara shoes! 
Thanks Shaun @ T3 Triathlon where you can get any of your triathlon needs and wants.

It took some convincing, but I talked Bobby into reading the Harry Potter books. 
He stays up til 2am reading every night :)

That's all for now. That was really fun! Thanks again Bobby :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Can I be the first to comment? :-)
    I am sorry you went through such a hard time mentally and physically at the end of the summer. I am glad you are injury is better and I know this next season is going to be awesome!!! (If you don't blow it, of course :-)
    I am glad you have a blog. I am your biggest fan!
    Where did you guys go snowshoeing on New Year's Day? We went up Hobble Creek New Year's Eve and it was fantastic! Shoulda invited you guys! Next time...
    Come visit us in Flag if you need some High Altitude Training...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a secret blog too!!! We must be friends. I'm sorry for the nerve pain. I've heard that's terrible. And I'm going to train for a 1/2 marathon this semester (fingers crossed). Your blog will totally help motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Sarah I love you, you are so funny :) I will try not to "blow it"!!
    We went snowshoeing up A.F. Canyon. We live right at the mouth of it so it's really convenient. I've never been up Hobble Creek, I bet it's a blast! It sure looked like it from your pics! I am really tempted to come down and train with you! That would be killer.
    Cindy, I need to follow you or whatever you call it in the blogging world ;)
    Which 1/2 are you training for?! It better not be one that's in Florida :P cuz I would love to do it too (if it's in UT). That is so great that you have that goal! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete