Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to Church

For those of you who have known me my whole life know that I've always been a spiritual person as well as a church goer.  Well about 5 or 6 years ago I decided I didn't really care about going anymore, so I stopped. It's hard to live the standards that you were raised with if you're simply not doing even the basics. It's crazy to me to think that all Bobby has known of me is non-church goer Erin. So yeah, I've been a real dummy during those last 6 years. When I say a dummy I am in NO way chastising those who don't go to church, who don't believe in religion or anything of the matter. Believe me. Everybody has their own needs and beliefs that will help them better their life, just for me personally I believed it was going back to church. Well last year about this time I decided I was ready to go back. I told Bobby and he obliged to go back with me. Well the only problem was that his best friend lives up the street from us and it just so happens that we are in a different ward. So of course he wanted to go to his friends ward (I know I would do the same) so for the past year we've been attending a ward in which we could only be visitors. The boundary that sets us apart from his friends ward is simply one hundred feet. So we kept going with the hope that they would just accept us as their ward members. This never happened. They were great, nice, lovely people I just couldn't couldn't progress much as a vistor. I put my foot down right as the New Year was about to begin and said that I would be going to our "real" ward. I can be a really stubborn sometimes. We went to our new ward today and both loved it. I love the people and the bishop is so fantastic! I really feel good about the decision and am just sorry it took a year to make it (well 6 years really).

2 comments:

  1. I just love you Erin and I really just love your blog. You are fun to read and now I can stalk you much easier:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I like stalkers especially ones like you! And I love you too! We're still working at Telos, crazy huh? Wish you were there or at least here in Utah!

    ReplyDelete