Sunday, January 16, 2011

California

I went to Southern California this week with my husband and parents, unfortunately it wasn't for a vacation. My wonderful Grandma of 90 years old passed away.
The most amazing thing about my parents is that they ALWAYS have a positive attitude even during very sad times. My husband is always positive as well so... even though we went down there for a funeral of a most beloved one we sure did enjoy each others company and had a great time!
The day we left, Bobby and I stopped at good old Runner's Corner and used our birthday money to buy both of us a pair of hobbit feet. Ya know, Vibram Five Fingered shoes. 
We woke up early on Wednesday in St. George, strapped on the hobbit feet and hit the mountain bike trails in Green Valley.

4 mile trail run in the hobbit feet

Here are some pictures of that run



 Demonstrating that you CAN run over rocks n stuff




 Bobby can run over REALLY big rocks and not feel a thing





Zen, a new trail in Green Valley. It's fun.


After our run we headed on down to Thousand Oaks, California.


 We stopped at Antonio's a delicious Italian restaurant, hideout to my father after racing up and down the highway at 100+ speeds. It's his favorite.

Thursday we woke up and ran in the glorious sun and 78 degree weather. I love Cali!
Unfortunately I forgot my camera which is a shame because this trail run through the green Californian hills was unbelievably beautiful. 

4 miles hilly trail run
Thursday afternoon was the funeral, which was in a gorgeous little church and was a beautiful memorial. Grandma was a smart, spunky, sassy woman. She will be missed dearly.
Here are some photos of my cousins and aunts and uncles. My cousin Elizabeth insisted that none of these pictures end up on the web. I don't listen very well.

 Collins' cousins and Aunt Karen


 The boys




 EVERYBODY

We got home Friday night and woke up early Saturday to meet Bobby's family to skiing. I have a rough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment