Thursday, March 24, 2011

I signed my husband and I up for a 50 mile mountain bike race called True Grit. When is it you ask? This Saturday.
I was really excited to race it since it's in my favorite place in the world...St George.
After riding it last weekend let's just say I've changed my perspective a little.
It's now not a race but a really really long training day.
I'm not the most technical rider out there. My strengths include going uphill, suffering, and I'm getting pretty good at descending. This race is so technical that I'm having to get off the bike as much as I'm riding it. In my mind I have a hard time staying in bike race-mode when I'm not riding my bike but running/hiking/walking it around every corner. That's why I've changed my outlook on the race. Not to mention the fact that I work all the time now, which I'm sooooo grateful for and I love my job so much. I've just been putting training on the back burner, like waaaaaaaaay back burner (as in I don't bike, run or swim). It's really weird. It makes me feel fat.
At least we got to go to Vegas to have a weekend of riding. It rocked.

The first day we rode 22 miles
The second day we rode 27 miles
Third day was 12 miles

 
 The guy at the bike shop told us to take a trail that leads you out to a UFO.
 That is my alien impression =:)

 Rad bike shop where the guy does a theatrical performance describing each trail. I couldn't help but giggle.


We spent a long time on these next photos trying to get us looking as extreme as possible.


And the fourth day we rode 35 miles! All in all we rode 100 miles. Woot Woot!

Holy cow! I feel so rude! I forgot to introduce you to my new boyfriend: Moe Mancini
He's my new mtn bike. His best quality? He's a 29er!!!!!
I almost feel like I've wasted the lasted 3 years of my life riding on a 26" bike. I am soo happy to be back on a 29er. (refer back to previous pics to see the little stud)

I also wanted to set your weary mind at rest. Yes. I did wear the same jersey 4 days in a row. And, it only got one washing. So now you know what kind of person I am.

3 comments:

  1. haha - i definitely like to 'reuse' my jerseys as well. Love the blog! Good luck this weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Glad you and me are the same! Thanks dude, it should be entertaining this weekend ;) Wish you were here to race it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast. I envy your life a little. Don't tell anyone. ;) I miss you lots. I wouldn't mind getting together sometime ya know? Maybe we could plan a girls weekend or something.

    ReplyDelete