Thursday, February 10, 2011

This post is about last Saturday's run. It wasn't too eventful, but I don't really have anything more exciting to post about and I've had some friends tell me it helps motivate them to read about the adventures of training and that's what I'm all about! Getting my loved ones out there and experiencing the joy that comes from exercising.

Bobby wakes me up last Saturday from a nap: "Let's go run! Let's go run!"  If you know me, you'll know I can't pass that up! My best friend/husband + me + running = bliss

I jump up and get ready, by that time it's starting to snow and the wind is PICK-ING up! We're out the door and as soon as we get about an 1/8 of a mile from home I want to turn around. It's so cold and windy not to mention the hail that stings the face. I decide to suck it up and stop being a baby. So we continued. We live right by the Highland Trail system and I love running down to the park that has a great big fishing pond, it's about a 7 mile loop. Well Bobby tells me he has a suprise. We vere off the usual route and connect to another trail that is so beautiful with rolling hills like a mini roller coaster and the best part is it protects us from the wind with the canopy of trees around it. That's one of the best things about going biking or running with Bobby is that he's always wanting to find a new trail. Me, I'm boring. I know what trails I like, how long they will take me, and the exact distance. It usually takes me a couple of years to go exploring on my own and find new trails. So anyway, we take this new trail and connect it with the old one and end up down at that fish pond. In the winter, kids ice skate and old men ice-fish there. It makes me feel old fashioned and I love that. I hate movies that are futuristic and depict humans as heartless robots that only know how to survive on technology.






 You can't tell it's a trail from this picture, but this is one of the trails Bobby found, it has a really cool waterfall right next to it.


We ran 9 miles in about 1:20. It twas fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment