Saturday, February 5, 2011

So Cool!

New Job

Sometimes things actually do work out the way you want them to.

I have been on-call at Telos Residential Treatment Center since August. I worked there for a couple years a while back as well. It really is a fantastic place to work. It is a treatment center/boarding school for at risk youth (males only).

Things I love about that job:
-Working with teenage boys is never the same 2 days in a row. It's never the same period.

-Learning how to discipline and hold boundaries with teenagers that know how to manipulate with the best of them :)

-Attending therapy sessions (usually just group not individual). You learn sooo much about yourself and about other human beings.

-Being on-call made my life very flexible and I got to choose my schedule. I loved it.

This job was a way for me to work at a place that I like, am familiar with and mostly to make money until I found something permanent. I am staying on call at Telos because I would miss the boys too much to quit cold turkey.

Finally that day has come. I get to work in an environment that I love and that my life revolves around, I get to work with fun, happy people that are very knowledgeable with what they do. There is a HUGE list of great things about this job that I am so excited for and so proud to be apart of, but I don't want to lose your attention with a list that goes on for days and days and days. So I'll get to the point and tell you what the job is

I'm working at SBR Sports!

SBR stands for Swim, Bike & Run.

It really is a perfect fit for me (I hope that's mutual!) The people are all fantastic and the products sold there are nothing but the finest. I am so thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment