Sunday, June 12, 2011

Update on our Life

Well lots has been going on in mine and Bobby's life lately. First big thing...We moved in with my parents! There's a Seinfeld quote that goes something like this; "You know your life isn't headed in the right direction if you're moving back in with your parents". :D Normally this is true. Not for Bobby and I. It's been the best thing for us. Mainly because of the commute that is now a half hour shorter each way. We love not having to leave for work in the morning until it's just ten minutes before. I've ridden my bike to work a handful of times, which makes me very happy. I hate driving. Only bummer thing is, we don't get the internet or t.v. at their house. It's a little bit of an adjustment so hence the scarce blog posts.
Second, Bobby is an official High School P.E. Coach! He teaches in the morning from 8-noon, and so far I think he's liking it. He then goes to the theater and works and then finishes off the day hanging out at SBR with me. It's great!
Third, we started racing the weekly mountain bike races that switch off from Soldier Hollow to Sundance. They are the BESSSST! We love them so much. It's an hour of pinned out effort, with a fun loving set of racers. FYI, I did an Intermountain Cup bike race maybe a month ago and it was the first time I've raced with the pro girls in about 4 years. It was soooo hard and so fun! I came in fifth. I've got a long way to go with my training. Just can't seem to dial it in. I'm having one of my co-workers at SBR Sports who has his Doctorate in Exercise Science help me out and write me a training program. His name is Andrew Creer and he's a professor at UVU. He's the nicest guy and so stinking smart. If you need help in the coaching area he's a good one to use because he's VERY affordable, he's in the area and he knows what he's doing.

Fourth, I've had the opportunity to try out some carbon 29" mountain bike wheels from ENVY Composites.They are so great. They seriously have helped me with my climbing, they've made it sooo much easier to get up short, steep, granny gear climbs as well as long grinding climbs. They corner so much better than anything I've ever used, it's kind of freaky because I'm not used to being able to take corners so fast and smooth, but I can now with how stiff the wheels are. I've had so many people at the races ask me about them and even had one guy tell me he would buy them from me right then and there. I told him he's going to have to get his own. 

Ok, I'm going to stop numbering the new things in our lives. I did a 10 mile trail run race the week after Timp Trail Half Marathon and won! I had a good time of 1:30, the course had lots of climbing so I'm happy. It was a lot of fun. Only bummer thing about it is, they advertised a cash payout to the winners. Well I was first overall female but didn't get the cash because apparently to them the winner is only the first place person... period. So I was in a race against boys but didn't know. So I didn't get paid :(

We planted a garden! We are tickled about this. I'm most excited about the butternut squash that will be ready to harvest this fall!

Complete! 

We've had them planted for 2 days now and have walked down to check on them a total of 6 times. We're the worried type of parents ;)
So other than all that fun stuff, we've had my cousins in town from California for my grandma's funeral. The funeral was a beautiful day just as she'd have wanted. I have such a great family, they are all so fun to be around and I just wish I could see more of them!
That's all for now folks.
Bye bye

4 comments:

  1. Lame-O on the no payout thing! Seriously, did they not think that one over completely? You'd think they'd give the women a head start or something. Anyway, sounds like life is good, I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest in your little garden! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally lame-o on the no pay out. I'm sure you can relate, you win so many races Leslie and only a small percentage of them give back cash to the racers. :(
    Em thanks :) I lunch this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH the gardens, Oh the gardens. :)

    ReplyDelete